[ntp:questions] Reference 'sntp' utility: how do you set the destination port number

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sun Jul 21 10:09:38 UTC 2019

On 21/07/2019 00:26, stuartl at longlandclan.id.au wrote:
> This implies that someone was naïve enough to assume the destination port number was never going to change.

The reference version is almost certainly just that, a reference
version.  It is there to illustrate how the protocol works, and part of
that is using the standard port number.  I suspect the maintainers of
the source code would rather everyone used the full version.

However, although I haven't looked at the source code, I imagine the
port number is easy to change without any really specific C language
knowledge, provided you are prepared to recompile it.