[ntp:questions] Garmin LVC 18x jitter problem

Michael Haardt michael at moria.de
Sun Jul 21 20:34:06 UTC 2019

> ntpd was happy with 3.70, I haven't looked at later firmware version.
> (Garmin is up to version 4.20 now.)

I am using 4.20 due to the GPS week rollover.

> The graph shown in http://www.moria.de/~michael/tmp/offset.svg also shows
> high drift & jitter, though not as severe as the old
> release I used.

Yes.  It's not pretty, although still usable - if only I could avoid
the jitter calculation.  I run ntpd with minimum distance set for over
a week now and have not seen any problems in the PPS source.

I guess I will have to check how hard it is to modify the source for
that feature.

Michael