[ntp:questions] Performance estimation

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jun 16 18:09:50 UTC 2020

On 16/06/2020 17:11, William Unruh wrote:
[]
> The question then is how rapidly the system can respond to an
> interrupt,. This at least used to be of the order of a microsecond.
> Also, how logd does it take to read the clock with the kernel gettime
> routines. They all limit the accuracy of your clock using gps refclock > (and also how long the wire is between the gps unit and the computer)

I quick it more a question of variance rather than the absolute time,
but I agree with your comment.  Again, with only microsecond reporting
and today's processors it's difficult to measure.

To the latter, cable length, well under 5 nanoseconds!

https://store.uputronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=84

--
Cheers,
David