[ntp:questions] How is the BIG guys (Google. FB etc) DNS and NTP architecture

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at tmsw.no
Wed Oct 14 06:32:41 UTC 2020

rexon gaming wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Searching for reference architecture of BIG players (Google, FB) for the DNS and NTP inside their data centers.
>
> If you have any please share.

Google decided a few years ago to skip all leap seconds by implementing
their own leap smear hack to a DMZ ntp server that bridges the gap
between normal NTP servers and the internal "la, la, la, la, la, I can't
hear you!" world which tries hard to avoid having to care about steps in
UTC seconds counting.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>