[ntp:questions] Ntpq.exe memory issue with windows 2019

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Thu Oct 29 12:24:18 UTC 2020

On 28/10/2020 18:01, Uwe Klein wrote:
> That does not jibe with "creeping increase of memory taken".
>
> If Win keeps something for reuse ... it should not grow but be reused
> later again kept for ...:-)

As I said, I'm not familiar with the way that Windows shows memory
statistics, but I do know that both on Windows and Linux, people often
get confused because the OS aims only to keep a small amount of memory
free.  I was assuming that memory used was total - free, rather than
reflecting that which could not be released without fatally harming a
running process.