[ntp:commitlogs] incoming pull in whimsy.udel.edu:/backroom/ntp-dev

Harlan Stenn stenn at whimsy.udel.edu
Sat Aug 16 04:31:17 PDT 2003

VAR       CLIENT              SERVER
===       ======              ======
USER      stenn               stenn
HOST      whimsy.udel.edu     whimsy.udel.edu
ROOT      /backroom/ntp-dev   /backroom/ntp-dev-190
LEVEL     1                   1
TIME_T    1042609353          1042609353
UTC       20030115054233      20030115054233
VERSION   bk-3.0.1            bk-3.0.1

stenn at whimsy.udel.edu fired the post-incoming--010commitlogs trigger in /backroom/ntp-dev
    Received the following changesets

    ChangeSet
      1.1149 03/08/15 14:18:53 blu at jedi.east.sun.com +3 -0
      ntp_timer.c, ntp_loopfilter.c, ntpd.h:
        Reinitialize the interval timer after stepping the clock. The behavior of
        the timer after a clock step is not addressed by POSIX and is undefined,
        so the safest course is to reintitialize it when we step the clock. Solaris,
        for one, is known to stop triggering the timer after a step backward until
        the system clock "catches up".

      ntpd/ntp_timer.c
        1.24 03/08/15 14:15:47 blu at jedi.east.sun.com +38 -11
        Reinitialize the interval timer after stepping the clock. The behavior of
        the timer after a clock step is not addressed by POSIX and is undefined,
        so the safest course is to reintitialize it when we step the clock. Solaris,
        for one, is known to stop triggering the timer after a step backward until
        the system clock "catches up".

      ntpd/ntp_loopfilter.c
        1.85 03/08/15 14:15:34 blu at jedi.east.sun.com +2 -0
        Reinitialize the interval timer after stepping the clock. The behavior of
        the timer after a clock step is not addressed by POSIX and is undefined,
        so the safest course is to reintitialize it when we step the clock. Solaris,
        for one, is known to stop triggering the timer after a step backward until
        the system clock "catches up".

      include/ntpd.h
        1.58 03/08/15 14:15:19 blu at jedi.east.sun.com +1 -0