[ntp:hackers] mort

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Aug 17 21:17:23 PDT 2003

Guys,

On suspicion of a bum CPU fan on mort, I simply turned the sucker on its
side and it powered up okay and continues life. Very likely needs a new
fan. Meanwhile, it has apparent broken IPv6, probably because the
upgrade is missing something in root. The old root is /mort/8rootsave. I
copied etc/inet/* from there to /etc/inet and rebooted, but mort is
still dead with IPv6.

It might stay up onlg enough for IPv6 work and the ISDN line has been
absent flake for the last day. The ff05::101 association still shows
dstadr=::, which shows the destination address interface has not been
found. Life is one long struggle.

Now, grundoon is getting cranky. We may have to trim our resources here.