[ntp:webdudes] Re: [ntp:hackers] Some NTP services to be terminated or relocated at UDel

John Hay jhay at icomtek.csir.co.za
Wed Aug 20 21:21:21 PDT 2003

Brad,

> 	This is really killing us.  You have no idea how painful it is to
> go through each and every one of these submissions manually, clicking
> on "discard message", and then finally clicking on the "Submit all
> actions" button at the bottom of the very, very long page.

We all have the same problem. It seems the only way to get rid of it
is to take all microsoft products off the net.

> 	Yes, if you've got procmail you can automate these things
> further, but mailman only allows us to hold a message if it meets
> certain spam criteria, which then has to be dealt with otherwise.  It
> doesn't allow the mailing list management software to decide to
> outright reject a message, except on the basis of the e-mail address
> of the sender.

My suggestion is to block what you can block automatically and just let
the rest through. Too bad for those without their own spam/virus
filters. If anybody complains, let them implement a automatic solution.
:-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org