[ntp:hackers] Lightning

Dave Mills mills at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Sun Aug 31 10:27:27 PDT 2003

Folks,

We took a direct lightning strike laswt night. We lost the water pump,
clothes dryer, several radios, VCR, DVD, all three phone modems, ISDN
router, antenna rotator ham transceiver and who knows what else.

Oh yes, whimsyh is completely fried. Everything is lost, including all
disks on the SCSI string. I've lost all mail connections and am just now
reduced to ugly pine on a dialup.

I have no further information pending insurance, repair estimates (abuot
$5000 so far). Whimsy is far down the list. Water pump repair is topmost.