[ntp:hackers] Pending bugs...

Harlan Stenn stenn at whimsy.udel.edu
Wed Jul 2 19:36:45 PDT 2003

> >Folks,
> >
> >There is 1 open bug for 4.1.2:
> >
> >  Bug 129 (Resolver hang under HP-UX 11).
>
> This would also be open for 4.2.0? These will eventually get fixed
> with the async resolver along with some other bug reports.

This bug was just closed - the problem was a "restrict 127.0.0.1 ..."
line in ntp.conf that was telling ntpd to ignore messages (including dns
resolution messages).

> >There are 2 open bugs for 4.2.0:
> >
> >  Bug 135 (AIX5: "Address already in use" for IPv6 wildcard)
>
> It's not clear that this is an ntp bug. It may be a AIX problem.

We should find out; even if it is an AIX problem we may want to work
around it.

> >  Bug 139 (ntp-4.1.80-rc1 build fails on HP-UX 11i)
>
> This should get fixed shortly. There are actually two unrelated problems,
> one due to an undefined function (isc_log_write()) that is specific to hpux
> since it only gets included for hpux and one relating to IPv6 and broadast.
> According to RFC 3513 there is no IPv6 broadcast address.
>
> I expect to fix both problems in this report within the next few days. I will
> also need to look at ntp_io.c and remove references to IPv6 broadcast.

Great!  I'll be out from Friday thru Sunday; I don't know if I will have
email access or not.

> >We do not have access to any of these platforms so debugging and fixing
> >these problems is Difficult.
> >
> >If anybody can help with these problems, we'd appreciate it.
> >
> >If we these bugs aren't resolved soon I'm going to release with these
> >bugs in them.
>
> These aren't bugs. These are "opportunities for product improvement"!

:)