[ntp:webdudes] Re: [ntp:hackers] Twiki

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Nov 4 06:13:33 PST 2003

Brian Utterback said:

>Tim Shoppa wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to have an open mind, but whenever I access twiki.ntp.org
>>over the web I find that it takes between 10 and 20 seconds each
>>time I try to open a page. This is true whether I'm using Mozilla,
>>Netscape, Opera, or lynx, so I don't think it's browser dependent.
>>
>>As a result, my only experience with the NTP Twiki is that it is
>>painfully slow. Compared to the "plain HTML" documentation it feels
>>pointless, my patience browsing the web these days is very very slim.

We are in the midst of working on improving the TWiki performance.

>This is my experience as well, but I suspect that the problem could be
>resolved with a caching strategy on the server.

We have tested a TWiki CachePlugin in the past. But we experienced
problems with stale included data.

BTW I'm not subscribed to the hackers mailing list (I already receive
entirely too much mail) so please Cc: all TWiki related discussion to
me.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
Public Key at gopher://kostecke.net or `finger steve at kostecke.net`