[ntp:hackers] ntp_request.c

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Tue Nov 25 00:30:51 PST 2003

Harlan Stenn wrote:

> Dave has suggested that we remove anything not related to debugging from
> ntpdc, as the "normal" info is available from ntpq (which Dave supports).

Several of the ntpdc options are of course available in ntpq, but
monlist is an important exception:

   'ntpdc -c monlist <server>'

is the command I use to run a spider across my corporate ntp network,
until that option is supported by ntpq, I really do need it to stay in
ntpdc.

Otherwise, I agree that ntpdc should be slimmed down at least to the
extent that all functional overlap with ntpq can be removed.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>