[ntp:hackers] ntpdc

Michael.Wouters at csiro.au Michael.Wouters at csiro.au
Tue Nov 25 13:19:57 PST 2003

One function of ntpdc that I depend upon is
the ability to add new restriction rules on the
fly. We have a network of NTP servers with access
by prior arrangement only. New users are set up
automagically across all our servers using that
particular function of ntpdc. Restarting ntpd to
add a new user would be kinda ugly. Could be done
using the firewall I suppose but ntpd's access controls
are better.

Cheers
Michael Wouters

 Dr Michael Wouters
 Time and Frequency Section
 National Measurement Laboratory
 CSIRO Division of Telecommunications and Industrial Physics

 PO Box 218, Lindfield NSW 2070
 Sydney Australia

 (street address: Bradfield Rd, Lindfield NSW 2070)

 Ph  61 2 9413 7268
 Fax 61 2 9413 7202