[ntp:hackers] CERT advisory

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Oct 1 20:00:21 PDT 2003

Guys,

I downloaded, built and installed openssl 0.9.7c, then built Solaris
mort and whimsy from scratch. So far as I can determine, ntpd and
Autokey still rumble okay.

As verified previously for Solaris (mort and whimsy), I verified for
SunOS (grundoon) a step change causes timer catatonia. This is a killer
problem and I'm not sure what to do about it. I think the ball is in
Brian's court, since his timer system reset seems to be involved.

As before, mort fails build at ntpdc, but strangely enough, whimsy does
not have that problem. Problem not yet resolved.

cmp: EOF on layout.here