[ntp:hackers] Mail system changes on maccarony...

Brad Knowles knowles at ntp.org
Tue Sep 2 15:48:52 PDT 2003

Folks,

	I made a couple of notable changes to the mail system today on maccarony.

	First, as suggested by Harlan, I have modified things so that
mail sent from "user", which used to go out at
"user at maccarony.ntp.org", should now go out as "user at ntp.org"
instead.  Most of the things on the system should be fairly explicit
in terms of selecting a particular sender address, so this shouldn't
affect much of anything.  However, just in case, let me know if you
see any problems.

	Secondly, I have removed spamguard.leadmon.net from the set of
black lists that we implement.  It turns out that they reject
connections from at least some known blocks of dialup/dynamic IP
addresses, and that would cause too many problems for some people in
the NTP community.

	I'll be updating the documentation on the set of black lists that
we subscribe to shortly.  Hopefully, it should be updated before you
receive this message.

--
Brad Knowles <knowles at ntp.org>       <http://www.ntp.org/contributors.html>
                     Postmaster, Listmaster, & PGP Keymaster