[ntp:hackers] Improved monlist scheme

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Sep 16 08:33:24 PDT 2003

Harlan,

The mort/whimsy thing is driving me nuts. The staff is incrementing
replacement parts for whimsy (I thought they were going to send it out
for repair), and it may take some time to get it together. Mort
environment sensor is shutting down, apparently spuriously, and I have
to restart it several times a day. It wouldn't be so bad but both Unix
systems on the backroom wire are funky. I'm going to raise the ante on
mort and at least get that fixed ASAP. In truth it doesn't matter
whether mort or whimsy is lit; the /backroom and /whimsy file systems
are portable and besides, mort is a Blade and whimsy is a duller knife.

>From what you say I will assume the repository and tools will stay on
the backroom wire at least for the moment. Patience while I get things
repaired.

Dave