[ntp:hackers] Atoms for peace

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Dec 11 13:18:40 PST 2004

Guys,

Betcha don't know the association of the subject. It was an Eisenhower
program designed to spread nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.
Edward Teller gave a lecture at U Michigan that I attended in 1957. His
proposal was to dig a second Panama Canal using nuclear explosives as
dredging machine. Geeze, ships wouldn't need lights; the banks would
glow in the dark.

I diddled the atom driver to use the mode keyord value as PPSAPI mode
(decimal), which overrides flag2. Mark, have fun. I'm still diddling the
wwv driver. Getting all the gain constants and SNR calculations
absolutely golden is very tricky, but I have to get it right to be a
fair grader of student projects.