[ntp:hackers] PPS, PPSAPI and pps_sample()

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Dec 13 20:45:34 PST 2004

Danny,

The routine reports already are tagged. The syslog messages already go
to a common routine. Only the refclock syslog messages may be ambiguous,
but there are 400 of them. It is probably quite rare in the scheme of
things that multiple instantiations of the same device driver are
configured and even in those cases (admittedly like ours) if one
instantiation sends a syslog, they all will. Syslog messages are
generally not sent unless something real bad comes down and that usually
will require more ambitions debugging infrastructure, like a debug trace.

I'll put that in the todo list, but quite far from the top.

Dave