[ntp:hackers] IPv4 multicasting -m command line option

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Dec 14 20:00:22 PST 2004

Dave,
         I got this from a user and sure enough on the ntpd.html page
the -m option is mentioned. In the code it really sets this up. I think
that this is a very bad idea at the command line level. I think it
should only go into the config file or were you thinking of some
situation where you couldn't have a config file. In that case the
address should be an argument to the option and could allow for
both IPv4 AND IPv6 addresses and you could then have multiples.

Danny