[ntp:hackers] building ntp-dev w/o bitkeepr

David Margrave david.margrave at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 15:13:44 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to build ntp-dev with Tim Shoppa's icom.c and icom.h.

The build system seems to want to refresh my working copy from the
repository whenever I type 'make'.  I have tried the following:

[davidma at linuxbox include]$ bk edit icom.h
Writable icom.h exists, skipping it.

[davidma at linuxbox include]$ chmod 444 icom.h
[davidma at linuxbox include]$ bk edit icom.h
get: can't plock icom.h
edit of SCCS/s.icom.h failed, skipping it.

[davidma at linuxbox include]$ bk co icom.h
icom.h 1.4: 87 lines

okay maybe I'm getting somewhere now.

cd ../ ; make
[davidma at linuxbox ntp-dev]$ ls -al include/icom.h*

-r--r--r--  1 davidma davidma 2382 Dec 24 15:10 include/icom.h
-rw-rw-r--  1 davidma davidma 2382 Dec 24 12:09 include/icom.h.orig

No matter what I do, it insists on refreshing from the repository.   I
have used CVS and perforce in the past and not suffered the fits that
bitkeeper is currently giving me!