[ntp:hackers] [Fwd: Network Time Protocol overflow vulnerability - VU#584606]

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:55:27 PST 2004

Guys,

The CERT is apparently confused by my report about the 34-year issue.
Apparently, they don't see reports like mine very often and are
unprepared to deal with it. They are used to reports where some specific
software product has a security flaw and a documented case where the
flaw is exploited by an evil hacker and violates the civil rights of the
hackee. This case isn't like that. I will respond.

Dave