[ntp:hackers] Question about CIOGETEV and TIOCGPPSEV ioctl's

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Thu Jan 22 23:52:59 PST 2004

A recent error report has brought up a question in my mind about
the CIOGETEV and TIOCGPPSEV ioctls.  I believe these were/are used
by SunOS/Solaris.

Both of these return a struct ppsclockev, which contains a time
and an integer counter.

My question is: is the time ALWAYS a timeval or is it sometimes
a timespec on some systems?

My GUESS would be that they always return a timeval, but this is not
the way the code is setup in the ONCORE driver at the moment.

I would appreciate a response from anyone using these ioctl's
or in fact, anyone having any info on them.  Ive scanned the
Solaris machines I have access to, and dont find them mentioned.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com