[ntp:hackers] ntpd still working?

John Hay jhay at icomtek.csir.co.za
Tue Nov 9 08:03:01 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:52:58AM -0500, mayer at gis.net wrote:
> ----- Original Message Follows -----
> > On the brighter side, at least nowadays FreeBSD is shipping with a new
> > enough version of ntpd, so that it has working IPv6, multicast and
> > refclock support, but it is old enough not to have any of the latest
> > breakage. :-)))
> >
> > John
> >

> Well that's because it comes from ntp-stable and not ntp-dev. You don't
> expect ntp-dev to not break things because of the wide variety of O/S's
> and hardware that needs to get tested. Getting someone who knows all of
> the various ideosyncrasies of so many different O/S's is very difficult.
> I ask Mark occasionally, but he's busy with BIND.

Yes I know that. I just let my frustration, about things not working,
get the better of me. :-(

On the really brighter side, I have the -D thingy working and hacked
the oncore driver to also work, so for my environment it just the
multicasting that doesn't work.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org