[ntp:hackers] BitKeeper (was: public server listing)

Harlan Stenn stenn at www.ntp.org
Wed Nov 10 12:58:55 PST 2004

>> What's wrong with using the "reply all" functionality of your MUA?

>It involves half a dozen unnecessary extra steps which impede
>communication and are easily forgotten!

Perhaps that is an issue with your MUA

>For me, when using a mailing list, the default should be "reply to list",
>not "reply to individual".

I appreciate that.

How about folks who are interested in this hold the discussion somewhere
appropriate to mailing list discussions?

By my last read of the RFCs, if Reply-To: is set, replies MUST go ONLY
to that list; doing otherwise is a violation of the RFCs.

I gather we are also following BCPs here.

If they change or if I'm wrong, we can swing around.

But I will ask - Brad, how hard would it be to set up a mirror list that
sets Reply-To?