[ntp:hackers] Weekend error report

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 8 11:37:08 PDT 2004

Danny,

I chased this one down. Very simple problem. With OpenSSL configured,
broadcasts must have the local destination address, so cannot use the
wildcard interface. I thought this was clear from the gitgosh.

It is in principle possible to work around this issue, since the
addresses are not necessary for symmetric key cryptography, only
autokey. However, the additional hassle doesn't seem justified and
probably does not simplify the I/O code.

The original code, of course, did what was necessary to avoid the
wildcard interface and to suck up the destination address for autokey.

Dave