[ntp:hackers] Solaris serial port jitter

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 22 09:53:54 PDT 2004

Brian,

I wouldn't be too surprised if a PPS transition emptied the FIFOs, but
on the Ultra 1 the PPS isn't even connected. The PPS is handled by a
driver all its own, but the driver doesn't do anything unless a PPS
wakes it up. If it wasn't the fact that both the Ultra and Blade behaved
very badly before the PPS was configured and are such lambs after, I'd
put it down as a fluke. I checked the loopstats and the good behavior
has continued since I made the change. Still looking.

Dave