[ntp:hackers] [Fwd: Re: ntp bof request for November 2004]

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Oct 25 20:41:07 PDT 2004

Todd,

The stime folks have been gone for two years. The last message I sent
was never answered. Version 1 of the protocol left me but never made it
past the editor's queue. When no action was apparent after a year, I
made a substantial upgrade and rewrote the spec, which has been sitting
for a year in PDF, not to be rendered in ASCII (full of equations,
figures, etc.)

What really frosts my glass is that the rfc2030 rewrite IS in Postel
format and sitting on the editor's queue for 12 months now. Frankly, I
see no redeeming value in this process. I have comitted to a NTPv4
specification, but only in PDF or equivalent markup language. I don't do
Postel format; that's even in my contract.

Dave