[ntp:hackers] Proposed change to ARCRON refclock based on bug 402

Nigel Roles nigel at 9fs.org
Fri Apr 1 00:51:43 PST 2005

Joe Landers wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> I run my ARCRON clock in UTC mode (press "MODE" and "-"
> simultaneously) with the following configuration:
>
> # ARCRON WWVB radio clock unit 0.
> server 127.127.27.0 mode 3  # WWVB
> fudge 127.127.27.0 time1 0.03402 # from enable calibrate and clockvar
> fudge 127.127.27.0 flag1 0 # UTC
> fudge 127.127.27.0 flag2 0 # resync every hour
> fudge 127.127.27.0 flag3 1 # better precision
>
> Is this going to be a problem with the coming DST change?
> The ARCRON seems to be tracking well with my Oncore VP and
> Netclock/2 under FreeBSD 5.3 with 4.2.0 at 1.1161-r.
>
> Also, I'd be happy to try your fix.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Landers

Not sure. My clock (MSF) has no buttons, so I can't set UTC mode.

With flag1=0, you re using the raw clock output. If UTC mode
means "never indicate DST", then your clock will not jump an
hour and you'll be OK. If UTC mode means "zero offset from
UTC but advance one hour during DST and set the DST bit"
then you're in trouble.

I'm of course very interested in what happens.