[ntp:hackers] ntp-dev and Windows

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung at meinberg.de
Fri Aug 19 11:21:47 UTC 2005

Hi!

I found a new file random.c in libntp, which uses inline functions MSVC
has difficulties with (AFAICS). I added random.c and changed the
functions good_rand from static inline long to simply long.

After that, compiling was no problem under Windows 2000, I even used
OpenSSL 0.9.8 (but did not test if the crypto stuff really works with that).

Is the usage of static inline mandatory for other systems? If yes, I
would add a #ifdef SYS_WINNT #else construct, otherwise I'd suggest to
drop "static inline" from the code (I did not find any other occurrence
of inline functions in the whole sourcetree).

Kind regards,
Heiko

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
> I'm unable to compile ntp-dev under Windows, because a number of files
> were removed from the source tree (it seems) and not from the MSVC
> project files.
>
> I will try to modify the project files accordingly but would like to
> check back with you if any files have been added, too.
>
> Kind regards,
> Heiko

*MEINBERG Funkuhren*
Auf der Landwehr 22