[ntp:hackers] Running out of Recvbufs

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Dec 1 20:22:59 PST 2005

Dave,

I'm revamping some of the receive code in input_handler and I need to
make some changes. One of the questions is what I do when I run out of
recvbufs to put the packet in, whether from a network interface or from
a refclock. I can read it and just throw away the packet or not read it
and come back later for it. Those are the only choices that I see. One
of the reasons for wanting to throw away a refclock packet is that there
are more coming right behind that one and you just build up a backlog. I
 need your insights on this.

Thanks,

Danny