[ntp:hackers] recvbufs

Vladimir Smotlacha vs at cesnet.cz
Wed Dec 7 14:57:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

I got the error "too many recvbufs allocated" in the following situation:

two identical PC (HW Supermicro, Debian, kernel 2.4.29-nano, GPS
with NMEA/PPS, ntp-4.2.0) located in two different sites of our
network. On one PC, it is impossible to run ntpd due to "too many
recvbufs allocated" error, while ntpd works perfectly on the other.

Until now, I did not find any difference despite IP addresses. Kernel and
ntpd are binary identical, GPS output is O.K., system booting logs do not
differ except the fine clock rate.  Does anybody has an idea how to fix
the problem?

best regards,

	Vladimir Smotlacha

Vladimir Smotlacha                                 CESNET z.s.p.o
E-Mail:  vs at cesnet.cz                              Zikova 4
Phone:   +420 2 24352915                           160 00 Prague 6
Fax:     +420 2 24313211                           Czech Republic