[ntp:hackers] I/O

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Feb 15 09:11:17 PST 2005

Guys,

On one of my two "identical" Freebies the refclock I/O hangs in a lop;
on the other it acts like Solaris. I discover on Solaris no loop, but
apparently some I/O is being lost. What happens is that I/O timecodes
get bottled up in buffers somewhere, but not delivered to the clock
drivers. The drivers expect one timecode line each second, but only
about one per minute show up and the rest are bufferened. After awhile
the data get very old and the driver delivers broken updates. This began
happening only recently. All the code I'm running is from Danny's most
recent.