[ntp:hackers] FreeBSD serial ports

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Feb 15 20:00:19 PST 2005

Mark,

The values from the command line are set by newpeer() before the
refclocks get ahold if it. It would be messy, to say the least, to do
this during driver initialization.

As long as you are noodling the driver, may I request that you
temporarily disable the driver PPS, crank up the atom driver and say
"tos mindist .01"? That assumes the jitter is less than 10 ms. That
works with some noisy clocks here and preserves the mitigation dances.
If it does work, the individual driver PPS support can be discarded.

Dave