[ntp:hackers] Churchy is baack

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:03:30 PST 2005

Guys,

Alpha churchy is now wearing FreeBSD clothes. Everything seems to work,
including crypto. There are a couple of zits that should be fixed when
the staff brings up the ssh keys, but it works for me. I have another
Alpha (pretty machine, but nobody wants them anymore) to bring up FreeBSD.

The compiler made loud honks about optimization, claiming there were
known bugs on the platform. Seems to work anyway.

We couldn't bring up latest 5.3 on this machine, so we settled on 4.10.
5.3 came a BIOS halt during installation. Anybody know more about this?