Config file format - (Was: [ntp:hackers] FreeBSD serial ports)

Harlan Stenn stenn at www.ntp.org
Sat Feb 19 19:16:59 PST 2005

I have no intention of the feature I described overwriting the config file.

I do intend to find a way to have ntpd "drop its state" so we can see what
is going on.

Given the nature of the beast, there are times a stop/start is simply
untenable.

I am perfectly happy with a secure way to handle remote config.

I am perfectly happy with a way to easily (on a per-machine basis) control
if that machine will allow remote config or not.