[ntp:hackers] Re: Config file format

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Feb 21 12:08:41 PST 2005

John,

I assume the ISC format is generic and used in multiple places. I assume
it is phrase structured like samba and others and has a look and feel
familiar to programmers. I assume it is table driven and readily
interfaceable to the existing protocol modules. I am willing (anxious)
to adapt the protocol modules to a more generic interface and to not
have to do ugly casting for each data type.

What is your take on the interface between the configuration and
protocol modules?

Dave