[ntp:hackers] Re: Config file format

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Feb 21 17:40:21 PST 2005

Guys,

STOP! You get to change the syntax, but at least for now you don't get
to change the semantics. I'm not about to rewrite major portions of the
documentation. I expect the lexical names to stay the same. I expect
some syntax change so that subcommands can take optional arguments. I
expect the commands will not depend on ordering. I expect commands can
be nested and I like the gated syntax.

Dave