[ntp:hackers] Freebie

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Feb 22 08:23:14 PST 2005

Danny,

Actually no. Some files are owned by Harlan, others by me; however, you
are a member of dlmgroup and all files are group-writeable, so you
should be able to do just about anything you need.

On the broadcast problem. My code expects never to see broad/multicast
from the wildcard interface. I took great pains to make sure an explicit
unicast interface was available for the response. Also, the dstadr of
0.0.0.0 precludes autokey authentication. That's why the nonsense
looking for the broadcast address near line 3265. I don't know what the
SOCKNUL does, but the address returned is all zero, not the expected
broadcast address.

Dave