[ntp:hackers] Joy of ACTS, but some sorrow otherwise

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Feb 26 18:26:17 PST 2005

At 09:06 PM 2/26/2005, David L. Mills wrote:
>Danny,
>
>Host rackety has used some 192 minutes of CPU cycles in less than a day.
>Before I axed out the error comment in ntp_io.c, an attempt to read the
>clock resulted in a continuous scroll of error messaged. The WWVB driver
>on rackety is identical to the one on pogo, which runs as expected.
>
>To see the evidence, start the daemon with -d -d and watch the trace.

So why don't I see the dial string on rackety when I do this? I have a very
large
log file from this afternoon on rackety. There is no evidence that beyond
opening a file decriptor that it knew what to do. That's why I wondered
about broken hardware. Isn't it identical to mort's config?

>The problem is not just a multicast client, it's an Autokey
>multicast/broadcast client. I've described the problem in detail a number
>of times recently. If you wish, I will describe it again.

That's what bridgeport is using. It works fine as a multicast IPv4 client.