[ntp:hackers] Joy of ACTS, but some sorrow otherwise

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sat Feb 26 19:40:08 PST 2005

Danny,

I confirmed with multicast/anycast server malarky that client bridgeport
behaves as I described previously. The association starts out with the
expected unicast address of malarky, then switches to its multicast
address, which wrecks Autokey. The newpeer() routine does the
initialization, which is correct. Nowhere else in the peer or protocol
code is dstadr modified. I conclude it has to be in the ntp_io.c, but I
can't find it.

Note as I said previously, the multicast and broadcast code behaves
differently. In that case the dstadr turns up zeros.

Dave