[ntp:hackers] More tests

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Feb 28 17:35:21 PST 2005

Guys,

I spent the whole day testing each and every little thing. IPv4
broadcast works with symmetric keys and autokey no problems, with sme
exceptinos.

The protocol error on pogo was due to an invalid certificate. In my
haste to set up the machine, I rolled the keys and certificate without
checking the TOY chip. The chip was running sometime in 2007, so the
certificate validity period was in the future. The server caught the
error, but couldn't do anything about it. All fixed now.

Now a new problem. While broadcast/autokey works gangbusters on
Solaribum baldwin, Ultrix porkypine, Alpha bunnylou and HP-UX snavely,
it does not on word on Freebies hepzibah and barnstable. All are
configured as broadcast clients. Note on all except the Freebies the
broadcast appears in the trace with its unicast interface address as it
should. However, on FreeBSD it appears with a zero address. There is an
error report at association mobilization time that 0000 is already in use.

I found and fixed very minor bugs in ntp_proto.c and ntp_crypto.c. These
are probably three years old. One step at a time.