[ntp:hackers] Need info

dharmaji venu gopal meetvenu58 at rediffmail.com
Sat Jun 11 04:59:39 PDT 2005

 Dear friends,
      I am running NTP(ver 4) with a refernce clock( GPS_NMEA driver ).
 The system is running on Redhat 7.3( 2.4.20-NANO Kernel ).
 The reference clock is a GPS Clock which gives output in NMEA format
 GPGGA/GPGLL at 9600 Baudrate. So I modified the ref_nmea.c which
 normally works at 4800 Baudrate.

 To see the system offset I did ntpq -p. Even though the offset is
 below 10 usec ( as shown by ntpq ), the system time(shown by xclock )
 is lagging by almost 15 sec to GPS Time ( shown by GPS Clock ).

 The ntp.conf file contains configuration for "127.127.20.1" (mode 2)
 with PPSAPI enabled and nothing is mentioned abt local clock. The
 system time zone is set to GMT.

 I just want to know if there's any problem in the setup/configuration.

 Regards,
 venu.