[ntp:hackers] Standardizing NTP...

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jun 14 13:51:17 PDT 2005

At 7:49 AM -0700 2005-06-14, todd glassey wrote:

>>  Todd is in the same situation here and my best advice to him is to
>>  go solo and not try to drag the project along.
>
>  I thought it wasnt a project Paul - if it was a project then it would have
>  goals and specific milestones for it right?

	In ISC terms, it is technically a "programme", which means that
there is no target finalization date but is instead ongoing.

	Most people don't understand the semantic difference between the
ISC definition of "programme" and the common term "project", and the
different terms tend to get used interchangeably.

	Don't get hung up on terminology.  Check the ISC web site to see
the official status, but don't expect everyone else in the Universe
to always use the right official words.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755