[ntp:hackers] Re: IPv6 Multicasting

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:49:38 PDT 2005

Danny,

I did a little more poking and found Solaris ping and traceroute to
pogo-ip6.udel.edu reports unknown host. However, ssh and ntpd can
resolve that name. Then I noticed the address they resolved does not
match the address seen in pogo netstat -r. The prefix looks okay but the
last 32 bits do not. An attempt to ssh from pogo to
hepzibah-ip6.udel.edu does in fact connect, then stalls in ssh at file
~mills/ssh/.identity type -1. At least something seems to work.

Dave