[ntp:hackers] 4.2.1 release issues

mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon May 23 05:48:30 PDT 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
> Folks,
>
> I've set up a page that describes the 2 issues that are blocking the
> release of 4.2.1 (multicast client and IPv6 under Windows).

That's not a correct assessment even of the page. We are not waiting
for IPv6 on Windows, that's a much longer term goal. IPv4 multicast
clients work. The only issue is IPv6 multicast clients. It currently
does not work on FreeBSD. It does work on Solaris. I don't know about
other platforms.

> The page is at:
>
>  http://ntp.isc.org/Dev/ReleaseIssues
>
> Please check this out and update it where you think it needs it.

I had to fix the page to correctly state the current status.