[ntp:hackers] Audio refclocks in latest tarballs

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Mon Nov 7 03:22:36 PST 2005

Harlan Stenn <stenn at maccarony.ntp.org> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I am still trying to get the audio code working at ntp.isc.org .
>
> I'd also be happy to work with anybody who wants to clean up the audio code.

Ah, if you can elaborate as to the hardware/OS details you have I'm sure
we can get you going.  I think refclock hacking is appropriate for
discussion on this list, if you disagree we can move elsewhere.

As to cleaning up the audio code, Dave has told us that he is utterly
disgusted with the layer-cake of #ifdef's etc. there but I don't think
it's hopeless yet! He's also expressed some dissatisfaction with the
/etc/audio.conf method, but I actually feel that the two together work
moderately well on Linux and FreeBSD, and I'm guessing that they
aren't hopeless on Solaris either.

Tim.