[ntp:hackers] Please a little help

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Oct 2 02:51:07 UTC 2005

Guys,

All of a sudden I get error messages when compiling ntp_proto.c in both
FreeBSD and Solaris 9. In Solaris the error is in
/usr/include/sys/va_list.h included from ntpd.h. A syntax error is
claimed at line 109 before "typedef". In FreeBSD the error is in
/usr/include/machine/_types.h at line 45 befpre "typedef".

I made only name and comments changes in the most recent version that
failed. Then I reverted to the code compiled earlier today just fine and
it failed the same way. It seems no other source file is affected. I
rebuilt both FreeBSD and Solaris from scratch with the same behavior.
The include files affected appear to relate to compiler idiosyncracies.
Any suggestions?