[ntp:hackers] Re: NTP-4.1 Support

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Thu Oct 6 21:19:11 PDT 2005

I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly. Dave Mills is the
original author of the NTP project and reference implementations and a
large number of people have made contributions over the years to this
body of code.

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, the copyright does not follow
the opensource.org standards, probably because it predated it by many
years. I just searched the latest code base for either Rayan or
Zachariassen and came up with nothing. Since ntp 4.1 is rather old can
you look at least at the 4.2.0 code and tell us where you found this
reference? As Dave says there are no known copyright statements that
impose any restrictions on the code. If you find any you need to specify
EXACTLY the pages you found it on so that we can deal with it.

For what purpose are you researching this and why is the copyright
statement that Dave pointed you to not enough?

Danny