[ntp:hackers] ntp release numbers

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Oct 10 02:08:28 PDT 2005

At 3:32 AM +0000 2005-10-10, Harlan Stenn wrote:

>  I am wondering if I should change the numbering of the releases so that
>  we bump the 3rd number on every published "patch" to ntp-stable.

	When are these published patches generated, and under what
circumstances?  Does this mean that the third digit would be
incremented with every single change that is recorded in BitKeeper?

>  Any thoughts or comments?

	Whether or not we like the particular revision numbering scheme
we're currently using, it is reasonably well known.  Before we can
seriously propose changing it, I think we need to come up with some
pretty good reasons why we think that change needs to happen.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755