[ntp:hackers] sntp

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 06:44:39 UTC 2005

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Now that bug 370 has been resolved I'm going to enable building sntp
> by default for 4.2.1, and plan to remove the "option" to build sntp
> for
> 4.2.2 (which is targeted to go into release-candidate status in about
> six months' time).
>
> I'd appreciate it if somebody other than Danny (who is real busy on
> other things) could work on getting sntp built (and tested) under
> Windows.

Harlan,

I haven't looked at NTPDate or SNTP under Windows, but I presume that they
will call the SetSystemTime function so that the CMOS is updated?
Remember the code added to NTP so that it set the Windows date on
closedown - I just want to be sure that the same functionality is inluded.
I am expecting that it is.

Thanks,
David